The Association for Feminist Anthropology will grant five awards of $150 to support presentation in the 2020 AAAs Raising Our Voices event. Eligibility is restricted to students and recent Ph.D.s (within the last five years) from underrepresented groups, working in feminist anthropology
- Candidate must be a member of an historically underrepresented group, which can refer to race, ethnicity, class, ability, sexuality, and nationality.
- In honor of Zora Neale Hurston’s legacy, submissions from African American candidates will receive special consideration.
- The candidate’s primary disciplinary focus must be feminist anthropology.
- The candidate must currently be a student or a recent PhD (within five years).
Candidate materials will be evaluated according to alignment with the eligibility requirements.
- A cover letter that summarizes the applicant’s work and how it honors Hurston’s legacy; and that also indicates the applicant’s status (student or recent PhD); membership in an underrepresented group; financial need; and applicability of evaluation criteria.
- Supporting materials confirming your presentation at the Raising Our Voices event – a copy of your presentation abstract.
Please email your submission a single Portable File Document (PDF) with the subject “Zora Neale Hurston Prize Submission” to: [email protected]