ASSOCIATION OF FEMINIST ANTHROPOLOGY DISSERTATION AWARD COMPETITION
Cash award to support the writing phase of a dissertation that makes a significant contribution to feminist anthropology
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 1, 2018.
To apply, you must be:
Applications will be judged on:
Complete applications must include the following:
1. Dissertation project proposal of five double-spaced pages, plus bibliography.
2. Short CV (no more than two pages).
3. One-page statement detailing the contribution of the dissertation project to, and engagement with, feminist anthropology.
4. Cover letter indicating applicant’s subfield, current status, and dissertation adviser.
5. Letter of recommendation from the dissertation adviser. This should frame the work within feminist anthropology. The adviser should also certify that the graduate student will be in the dissertation writing phase at the time the award is given (November 2018, AAA meeting). The letter should be sent directly to the Committee chairperson listed below.
Assemble application materials (except letter of recommendation) into one PDF file and submit via e-mail to:
Dr. Bianca Williams, Chair, AFA Dissertation Award Committee
Associate Professor, Anthropology
CUNY Graduate Center